Please take a good look at this icon right here.
It says, "YES! You are allowed to use it if you credit me
You understand, right? You may only use it if you credit me
Also, if it's not too much to ask, I'd prefer that you ask me before using any of my work as well.
Okay, so my name is Dian and I'm 21. Most of what you'll find in my gallery is doll photography. I do take pictures of myself (when I feel confident enough) and maybe a few other inanimate objects, but my main thing is dolls, such as Pullip, Bleeding Edge Goths, Monster High and more. I'm also really into Gothic and Lolita fashion, Halloween, Tim Burton, Pirates, etc. If you'd like to know more about me, here is my Facebook page. [link]
However, here's a random 20 facts about me!
1. I fall in love with fictional characters. And I really do mean fall in love, not just a random crush, and not just fangirling. I do know the difference between reality and fantasy, and I know what is important. I know how to love a real person at the same time. I don't have a new one every month/year/whatever; I actually keep mine for years on end. Characters that are past "loves" are still ones that are very special to me and have become a part of me, even if I'm not in love with them anymore. It's been this way for as long as I can remember. Yes, as sad as it is to admit, I won't have them.. but I love to just enjoy loving them. It's something that makes me very happy, and I'm not hurting anyone. [As a note, this isn't something I normally admit to people. I'm just now starting to be more open with it.]
2. I have something called Body Dysmorphic Disorder, or Body Dysmorphia. [Wikipedia Page here: [link]
] It is a complete obsession with one's appearance. I have quite a severe case of it and it controls every aspect of my life in some way, whether it's big or small. This can (and with me, does) come with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), Major Depressive Disorder (or just "Depression" to most), Social Anxiety/Phobia, etc. Being Bipolar does not help.
3. Even though I prefer to dress in Gothic/Lolita and variations of those styles, I do listen to a variety of genres of music. Gothic Rock, Horror Rock, Goth Industrial, Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Trance, Techno, Dance, Europop, Eurodance, Pop, J-Rock, J-Pop, random anime stuff! Even a little bit of Country, if the lyrics are right. However, I hear people being called posers because they dress Goth (or whatever) and listen to other things as well. I don't see how this makes me a poser. If I was a poser, I'd be pretending to be something I'm not. That's what a poser is. I just have my preference of style, and my mind is open to more types of music, rather than being the expected stereotype of what people think Goth is.
4. I love Halloween, Christmas, and Otakon. This is why my two main colors are black and orange. Even my bedroom is painted/furnished/decorated this way. I love the whole feeling of the Holiday and everything about it, and this is the same reason I love Christmas. Actually, this is one of the reasons for my love of Otakon. As stated above, I have Social Anxiety.. but for some reason, when I am here, most of that goes away. For the most part, I am comfortable, and I even adore getting/giving lots of hugs when I am here. I suppose that's the time of year where I can show the most affection. I can really be myself here, even if I'm not technically dressed as myself. Which brings me to 5.
5. I love cosplay. I love seeing well-done cosplays and doing it myself, whether they're original characters or from something. It's always fun to glomp the ones you like! And then, there's nothing like the feeling of seeing that extremely well-done cosplay of your most favoritest (yes, favoritest) character of all and getting an embrace from them. Yes, I realize they're not actually the character, but that's why they're in-character. So we can play pretend, I suppose.
6. I am a huge Tim Burton fan. I love the style of his art and I love his ideas. While I love his original work, I actually love to see his remakes too, because I love to see his take on it.
7. I am a fan of Johnny Depp, but not a Johnny Depp fangirl. I enjoy his acting. I find him extremely talented and creative. No, he's not ugly, but I'm not one of those girls that just watches his movies and says "OMGGGG JOHNNY DEPP!!! HE'S SO HOT AND SEXYYYY!" When I see someone play a character, I usually see the character they're playing and not the actor/actress, and I feel that Johnny Depp pulls this off extremely well. Admittedly, my favorite character that he plays (and overall favorite) is Captain Jack Sparrow. No, that's not the typical fangirl crush thing, either.. but I suppose I'm not ready to explain that one.
8. I refuse to completely grow up. I know when to act like a grown-up when I absolutely need to, but I will always be a like big kid. I actually feel sorry for those who have completely grown out of their child-like state of mind and completely forgotten what it's like.
9. I am damn proud to be a Geek. Why? In the words of a man named Simon Pegg, "Being a Geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a Geek is extremely liberating." Yes, I am afraid to show it sometimes, but that's only because I am naturally shy (for the most part).
10. I hate Bible-Thumpers. I'm not putting down Christianity/Catholics/etc., I'm just saying that they shouldn't PUSH their beliefs on people like that. If you believe in God, then good! I am happy that you found something that is right for YOU, but please don't try to force it on other people. I feel that everyone should believe in what they feel is right for themselves, not what they're told to believe in. I also wish that Bible-Thumpers would mind their own business.
11. I have always had a fascination with water and Mermaids. For as long as I've been able to hold my breath and not be afraid to submerge below the surface, I've absolutely loved the feeling of being under water. Everything seems calmer.. everything seems more peaceful.. everything seems more beautiful. If you relax, you can just float there until it's time to resurface. Everything is just.. better. It's almost like a very brief escape from the outside world.
12. I've always felt that if I am any sort of animal, it's a cat. Which sounds kind of weird after reading number eleven.. I think this is why I'm so comfortable cosplaying as a CatGirl that's just based on myself.
13. I get jealous over stupid things, even if I know they're stupid to begin with. And most of the time, I don't get angry-jealous. I get really sad-jealous.
14. I find odd things attractive, like hands or eyebrows. (And no, I don't mean like a fetish!)
15. Even as a little girl, I kept my dolls neat (at least for the most part). I rarely, if ever, changed their stock clothes or hairstyle. Unless they were a swimsuit doll.. then, they were coming in the pool or bathtub with me!
16. Even though I love all of my dolls, I find that there's something extra special about Pullips. When I see people's photos of them, I'm so happy for them that they've gotten one (or more) to call their own. And as if seeing photos of broken/destroyed dolls isn't bad enough, my heart especially sinks when it's a Pullip. I even gasp sometimes, depending on how bad the damage is.
17. My mother left me when I was almost 3. Long story short: She left, promised to keep in contact, never did. No one knew where she was until I was 10. I met her, she lived with us, promised me she'd never leave again, and then did exactly that within a few months.
18. I love to create, design and decorate. This is probably why I love playing The Sims 3. I could spend hours on an online dollmaker, just putting together different things.
19. I like rum. Rum is good. I actually really love the smell. But seriously, I do love it. When I get drunk, that's usually what it's from. No, I dont get drunk a lot. Maybe once or twice every few months. But when I do, I'm not violent or sexual or anything. I just unintentionally speak louder and laugh a lot. ...Oh, and I roll around on the floor.. every. Time. Not sure why. I also run around and jump, just because I can.. and apparently, I throw things off of balconies.
20. I have a big obsession with moonlight. Sunlight too, but mostly moonlight. It's been this way since I was a child, and I'm not sure why. I get so excited when I see a full moon or even just the moonlight, and I feel so happy when I see a good sunrise or sunset. I am compulsed to let the light of either one shine into the house. In fact, lighting (either natural or man-made), has an unusually huge effect on me, my thinking and my mood.